Responsibilities of bands/performers:
1. All performers appearing at the STORK CLUBmust be at least 21 years old with valid photo ID
presented at the door. The Stork Club is a fully licensed bar that serves liquor, beer & wine and due to ABC regulations cannot host all-ages or 18+ shows unless ALL the liquor is removed from the bar...don't ask....it's not going to happen.
2. Bands need a minimum of 20 minutes to 45 minutes maximum of material to perform
1. When all members of each band arrive & show a valid ID, Two Drink Tickets will be given to each band member performing on stage after checking in. These drink tickets are good for 1 PBR bottle beer each or ONE 'well' drink,
2. Bands are entitled to ONE guest per band. Please give the door person the name of person to be allowed in at no charge. Guests under the age of 21 cannot be admitted at all. Journalists/photographers with valid press passes/ID are admitted free anytime.
3. The STORK CLUB cannot pay any guarantees. once the door cash is collected, $100 is taken out to pay sound tech & door security. any amount over that is ALL for the bands. it IS the best deal in town. the door/cover charge is usually $5 unless the bands/booker believe their draw will be willing to pay more.
BAND LOAD-IN, EQUIPMENT STORAGE
3. All performers are expected to load in their equipment an hour before the first band peforms, usually between 7 PM & 8 PM, Please place equipment in the 3 designated areas to the RIGHT of the front door.Please do not drop equipment in front or next to the stage, even if you're going on first...you'll need a place to move it to AFTER your set's done.
Please don't "backline " gear on stage or leave un-used gear onstage EVER!.
The stage is only 12 feet wide by 9 feet deep. the stage is set up with all mics & cabled dressed onstage, ready to go 24/7. it is unfair to crowd bands off the available stage space because you believe "it'll save time" to park your gear there. equipment placed on top of cable runs can slow down the sound engineer's setup time considerably. unless you are sharing equipment, please strike all your gear off stage before the next band's setup. The club cannot be held responsible for stolen or beer-drenched equipment placed next to the 'mosh pit'.
4. If you are the opening band and arrive later than your scheduled start time (usually between 9:30 -10:00) you will go on LAST unless you have made other arrangements with the booker.
5. Show starting times are:Nights with 4 or more bands it's 9:30 PM, nights with 5 bands must begin no later than 9pm. The stage MUST close no later than 1:10 AM.
6. Band order will be decided the booker & displayed on the website calendar and social media listings. The headliner (last) band at the top, the middle act in the middle & the opener on the bottom of the listing. (note: when there are acts with performers under the age of 21,they SHOULD perform first, as they have to wait outside unless they are setting up, performing and loading out.)
7. If you are unhappy of the order of the set times, please take care of that with the booker BEFORE the night of your show. Only the Booker/Promoter has the ability to fix it /make it up to you/ explain why it went down the way it did.
Don't even think about asking the sound tech to change the set order.
8. please bear in mind equipment set-up time is part of your allotted performance time. please make sure all drums & hardware are set up & ready to move onstage BEFORE your set. the same goes for elaborate keyboard/pedalboard electronics. there are plenty of tables available to set up on in advance & power available for older analog synths & laptops. ask the sound tech where to plug in. There is a charging station in front of the sound desk where cell phones, cameras & laptops can be charged.please don't use the power strips onstage for charging phones & cameras because the sound tech might step on them.
9. if you have a stage plot indicating where your instruments/mics go, please email a jpeg of that to the booker. otherwise, see the www.storkcluboakland.com STAGE & SOUND web page for complete details.
If you have an extraordinary set-up or costumes, please advise the booker in advance, so the staff can help out with showing you the make-up/changing areas or help get your gear onstage in a reasonable amount of time.
10. Please be respectful of the other bands by setting up and breaking down quickly and efficiently. Talk to your friends and/or groupies AFTER your set OFF STAGE. If your act requires the throwing of food, confetti, stage blood, etc, please be ready & willing toclean up your mess immediately after your set. The bar-back can provide you with cleaning materials. Thanks
Failure to show at a confirmed, scheduled show without prior notice, phone call, email, may result in an inability to be booked again. In all cases, communication with the Booker, is expected and appreciated.) the first rule of success is to SHOW UP, right?!
11. Bands are expected to stay for the duration of the show (to support the other bands). If you need to leave before the show is over, please mention this before your gig to the Booker. Bands get paid when all music has stopped for the evening and we have stopped collecting door cash. Bands that leave early will have to pick up their share at The STORK CLUB during bar hours (Tues-Sun after 4 PM) at a later date. Money not collected by bands at the night of performance, will be held for 30 days only, after which time they become the property of the STORK CLUB and will be used to replace damaged microphones, cables, stands, etc.
13. Bands/Performers who intentionally or willingly destroy or steal the STORK CLUB's or anybody else's property will have $$$ taken out of their door pay. this includes smashing/clogging up bathroom fixtures.
OUTSIDE FOOD & BEVERAGES:
Yes, you can bring in your own dinner of course, there's a couple of good places nearby,please don't bring liquor, wine bottles or beers into the club. There is an organization called the ABC, ( Alcoholic Beverage Control) and they'll bust our asses for letting people bring in their own booze. It's just the law. Just like any other bar, you can't take your drink outside on the sidewalk either. There's an outdoor smoking area by the pool room in back, you can drink & smoke there. While the club cannot condone drinking in your van, it's usually a better idea to do it there if you absolutely must. Drinking in front of the club on the sidewalk is just plain stupid and you will be cited by OPD, so don't do it if you don't like the Cops getting in your face or the local crack-heads hittin' you up for a swig,
The club has a water cooler where you can get plenty of fresh water for free and there's coke, sprite, red bull, etc. available at the bar for cheap.